Pirates vs. Reds Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 22
The Pittsburgh Pirates (72-81) visit the Cincinnati Reds (79-75) in NL Central action, at 6:40 PM ET on Friday.
The Reds will look to Andrew Abbott (8-5) versus the Pirates and Andre Jackson (1-3).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Pirates vs. Reds Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSOH
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Venue: Great American Ball Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Abbott - CIN (8-5, 3.68 ERA) vs Jackson - PIT (1-3, 5.40 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Reds vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Reds vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Reds vs Pirates|
|Reds vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Andre Jackson
- The Pirates will send Jackson (1-3) to the mound to make his sixth start of the season. He is 1-3 with a 5.40 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 55 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared in relief on Sunday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings against the New York Yankees, allowing two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- In 16 games this season, the 27-year-old has amassed an ERA of 5.40, with 8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .233 against him.
- Jackson has not recorded a quality start on the season.
- Jackson heads into the game with two outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in five of his 16 appearances this season.
Andre Jackson vs. Reds
- He will face off against a Reds team that is batting .247 as a unit (17th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .410 (17th in the league) with 178 total home runs (16th in MLB action).
- In 3 2/3 innings over one appearance against the Reds this season, Jackson has a 7.36 ERA and a 1.909 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .333.
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Andrew Abbott
- Abbott (8-5) will take to the mound for the Reds and make his 20th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 3 2/3 innings pitched against the New York Mets on Saturday.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.68, a 2.67 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.266 in 19 games this season.
- He has started 19 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in nine of them.
- In 19 starts, Abbott has pitched through or past the fifth inning 13 times. He has a season average of 5.4 frames per outing.
- He has finished five appearances without allowing an earned run in 19 chances this season.
Andrew Abbott vs. Pirates
- The Pirates have scored 650 runs this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB. They are batting .237 for the campaign with 151 home runs, 27th in the league.
- The Pirates have gone 4-for-21 with a double, a home run and two RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.