Pirates vs. Reds Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - September 22
Friday's contest between the Cincinnati Reds (79-75) and Pittsburgh Pirates (72-81) squaring off at Great American Ball Park has a projected final score of 5-3 (according to our computer prediction) in favor of the Reds, so expect a tight matchup. The game will begin at 6:40 PM ET on September 22.
The Reds will give the ball to Andrew Abbott (8-5, 3.68 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 9 on the season, and the Pirates will turn to Andre Jackson (1-3, 5.40 ERA).
Pirates vs. Reds Game Info & Odds
- When: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Pirates vs. Reds Score Prediction
Our prediction for this matchup is Reds 5, Pirates 4.
Total Prediction for Pirates vs. Reds
- Total Prediction: Under 9.5 runs
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
|PointsBet||Click Here||2x Second Chance Bets Up To $2,000|
Read More About This Game
Pirates Performance Insights
- In six games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Pirates have a record of 3-3.
- In its last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, Pittsburgh and its opponents are 5-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- The Pirates' previous 10 matchups have not had a runline set by sportsbooks.
- The Pirates have won in 52, or 43%, of the 121 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, Pittsburgh has come away with a win 23 times in 48 chances when named as an underdog of at least +135 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 42.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Pittsburgh scores the 23rd-most runs in baseball (650 total, 4.2 per game).
- The Pirates have pitched to a 4.58 ERA this season, which ranks 21st in baseball.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 16||Yankees||L 6-3||Luis Ortiz vs Luke Weaver|
|September 17||Yankees||W 3-2||Colin Selby vs Carlos Rodón|
|September 19||@ Cubs||L 14-1||Bailey Falter vs Javier Assad|
|September 20||@ Cubs||W 13-7||Mitch Keller vs Justin Steele|
|September 21||@ Cubs||W 8-6||Johan Oviedo vs Kyle Hendricks|
|September 22||@ Reds||-||Andre Jackson vs Andrew Abbott|
|September 23||@ Reds||-||TBA vs Connor Phillips|
|September 24||@ Reds||-||TBA vs Brandon Williamson|
|September 26||@ Phillies||-||Mitch Keller vs Aaron Nola|
|September 27||@ Phillies||-||Johan Oviedo vs Ranger Suárez|
|September 28||@ Phillies||-||Luis Ortiz vs Taijuan Walker|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.