Pirates vs. Cubs Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 19
The Chicago Cubs (78-72) are looking for Nico Hoerner to extend a 12-game hitting streak versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (70-80) on Tuesday at 7:40 PM ET, at Wrigley Field.
The Cubs will give the nod to Javier Assad (3-3, 3.10 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 4 on the season, and the Pirates will turn to Bailey Falter (2-8, 4.40 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Pirates vs. Cubs Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
- Time: 7:40 PM ET
- TV: MARQ
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Assad - CHC (3-3, 3.10 ERA) vs Falter - PIT (2-8, 4.40 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Pirates|
|Cubs vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Bailey Falter
- Falter gets the start for the Pirates, his 13th of the season. He is 2-8 with a 4.40 ERA and 58 strikeouts in 77 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Tuesday against the Washington Nationals, when the lefty threw six innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- Over 16 games this season, the 26-year-old has a 4.40 ERA and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .274 to opposing hitters.
- Falter enters this matchup with three quality starts under his belt this year.
- Falter heads into the matchup with seven outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- He has had two appearances this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
Bailey Falter vs. Cubs
- He will match up with a Cubs squad that is hitting .254 as a unit (11th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .416 (12th in the league) with 178 total home runs (14th in MLB action).
- Falter has thrown 4 2/3 innings, giving up six earned runs on seven hits while striking out three against the Cubs this season.
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Javier Assad
- The Cubs will hand the ball to Assad (3-3) for his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 3 1/3 innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up four earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.10 and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .234 in 27 games this season.
- In nine starts this season, he's earned four quality starts.
- Assad has made eight starts of five or more innings in nine chances this season, and averages 3.5 frames when he pitches.
- He has 11 appearances with no earned runs allowed in 27 chances this season.
Javier Assad vs. Pirates
- The Pirates have scored 628 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They have 1177 hits, 28th in baseball, with 146 home runs (27th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Pirates to go 3-for-24 with a double and an RBI in seven innings this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.