Sam Howell vs. Russell Wilson in Week 2: Commanders vs. Broncos Preview, Stats
With the Denver Broncos (0-1) and the Washington Commanders (1-0) squaring off on September 17 at Empower Field at Mile High, Russell Wilson and Sam Howell will go head to head at the quarterback position. We analyze the two signal callers below, diving into the stats and trends that will affect this matchup.
Commanders vs. Broncos Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 4:25 PM ET
- Venue: Empower Field at Mile High
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Howell this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Sam Howell vs. Russell Wilson Matchup
|Sam Howell||2022 Stats||Russell Wilson|
|169 (169)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||3,524 (234.9)|
|35 (35)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||277 (18.5)|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Kenny Pickett vs. Deshaun Watson in Week 2
- Click here for Tua Tagovailoa vs. Mac Jones in Week 2
- Click here for Zach Wilson vs. Dak Prescott in Week 2
- Click here for Matthew Stafford vs. Brock Purdy in Week 2
Broncos Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Broncos were middle-of-the-road in points allowed (21.1 per game), ranking 14th in the NFL.
- When it came to stopping the pass, Denver ranked 13th in the NFL in passing yards allowed (3,574) and fifth in passing TDs allowed (20).
- Against the run, the Broncos' D was on top of its game, with 1,866 rushing yards allowed last season (10th-fewest in NFL).
- Defensively, Denver ranked second in the NFL in third-down percentage allowed at 34.1%. In red-zone percentage allowed, it ranked seventh at 51.1%.
Who comes out on top when the Broncos and the Commanders square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Commanders Defensive Stats
- Last season, the Commanders' defense was getting it done, as it ranked seventh in the league with 20.2 points allowed per contest. In terms of yards allowed, the team ranked fourth with 5,178 total yards allowed (304.6 per game).
- When it came to stopping the pass, Washington ranked fourth in the NFL in passing yards allowed with 3,252 (191.3 per game) and 10th in yards allowed per pass attempt (6.3).
- Against the run, the Commanders surrendered 1,926 total rushing yards (11th in NFL) and ranked 15th in yards allowed per rush attempt (4.4).
- Defensively, Washington ranked eighth in the NFL in terms of red-zone percentage allowed, with a mark of 51.9%. It was eighth in third-down efficiency allowed at 31.9%.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.