Pirates vs. Yankees Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The New York Yankees (76-73) aim to sweep a three-game series versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (69-80), at 1:35 PM ET on Sunday.
The probable starters are Carlos Rodon (3-5) for the Yankees and Colin Selby (2-1) for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Pirates vs. Yankees Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Rodon - NYY (3-5, 6.14 ERA) vs Selby - PIT (2-1, 8.20 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Pirates|
|Yankees vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Yankees vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Colin Selby
- Selby gets the start for the Pirates, his fifth of the season. He is 2-1 with an 8.20 ERA and 27 strikeouts in 18 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was out of the bullpen on Friday when the right-hander tossed one scoreless inning against the New York Yankees without giving up a hit.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 8.20, with 13 strikeouts per nine innings in 16 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .270 batting average against him.
- He has had nine appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Colin Selby vs. Yankees
- He will take the mound against a Yankees offense that ranks 29th in the league with 1105 total hits (on a .226 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .398 (21st in the league) with 207 total home runs (seventh in MLB play).
- Head-to-head against the Yankees this season, Selby has thrown one inning without giving up a hit or an earned run while striking out two.
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Carlos Rodón
- The Yankees will hand the ball to Rodon (3-5) for his 12th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in five innings pitched against the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 11 games this season with an ERA of 6.14, a 2 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.422.
- He has started 11 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Rodon has six starts of five or more innings this season in 11 chances. He averages 4.6 innings per outing.
- He has yet to finish an appearance without an earned run allowed this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.