Pirates vs. Yankees Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The New York Yankees (74-73) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (69-78) to open a three-game series at PNC Park, with first pitch at 6:35 PM ET on Friday. The Yankees are coming off a series victory over the Red Sox, and the Pirates a series win over the Nationals.
The Yankees will call on Gerrit Cole (13-4) versus the Pirates and Johan Oviedo (8-14).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Pirates vs. Yankees Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 6:35 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Cole - NYY (13-4, 2.79 ERA) vs Oviedo - PIT (8-14, 4.34 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Yankees vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Pirates|
|Yankees vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Johan Oviedo
- The Pirates will send Oviedo (8-14) to the mound to make his 30th start of the season. He is 8-14 with a 4.34 ERA and 140 strikeouts over 161 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Saturday against the Atlanta Braves, when he threw 3 2/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.34, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 29 games this season. Opposing batters have a .237 batting average against him.
- Oviedo has 13 quality starts under his belt this year.
- Oviedo has 21 starts this campaign where he pitched five or more innings.
- In three of his 29 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Gerrit Cole
- Cole (13-4) will take the mound for the Yankees, his 31st start of the season.
- The right-hander did not allow a run in seven innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 33-year-old has pitched to a 2.79 ERA this season with 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.2 walks per nine across 30 games.
- He's going for his fifth straight quality start.
- Cole has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has six appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 30 chances this season.
- The 33-year-old's 2.79 ERA ranks second, 1.027 WHIP ranks first, and 9.8 K/9 ranks 13th among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.