Pirates vs. Nationals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 14
The Pittsburgh Pirates (68-78) host the Washington Nationals (65-81) on Thursday at PNC Park, at 12:35 PM ET.
The probable starters are Mitch Keller (11-9) for the Pirates and Josiah Gray (7-11) for the Nationals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Pirates vs. Nationals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 14, 2023
- Time: 12:35 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Keller - PIT (11-9, 4.23 ERA) vs Gray - WSH (7-11, 4.13 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Pirates vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Pirates vs Nationals Player Props|
|Pirates vs Nationals Prediction|
|How to Watch Pirates vs Nationals|
|Pirates vs Nationals Odds|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Mitch Keller
- The Pirates' Keller (11-9) will make his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up eight earned runs in five innings pitched on Friday in his last outing, a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.23 and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .255 in 29 games this season.
- He has started 29 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 16 of them.
- Keller will look to finish five or more innings for the 29th start in a row.
- He has four appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 29 chances this season.
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Josiah Gray
- Gray (7-11) takes the mound first for the Nationals in his 28th start of the season. He's put together a 4.13 ERA in 141 2/3 innings pitched, with 122 strikeouts.
- His last time out came on Sunday, Sept. 3 against the Miami Marlins, when the righty went four innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- In 27 games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.13, with 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .254 against him.
- Gray is trying to secure his 10th quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Gray has 21 starts this campaign that he pitched five or more innings.
- In three of his appearances this season he did not surrender an earned run.
Josiah Gray vs. Pirates
- The opposing Pirates offense has a collective .237 batting average, and is 25th in the league with 1150 total hits and 23rd in MLB action with 615 runs scored. They have the 25th-ranked slugging percentage (.390) and are 27th in all of MLB with 142 home runs.
- Gray has a 1.5 ERA and a 1 WHIP against the Pirates this season in six innings pitched, allowing a .143 batting average over one appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.