Pirates vs. Cardinals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 2
The St. Louis Cardinals (25-32) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (28-27) in NL Central play, at 7:05 PM ET on Friday.
The probable pitchers are Jack Flaherty (3-4) for the Cardinals and Roansy Contreras (3-4) for the Pirates.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Pirates vs. Cardinals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, June 2, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Flaherty - STL (3-4, 4.81 ERA) vs Contreras - PIT (3-4, 4.33 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Cardinals vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cardinals vs Pirates Player Props|
|How to Watch Cardinals vs Pirates|
|Cardinals vs Pirates Odds|
|Cardinals vs Pirates Prediction|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Roansy Contreras
- Contreras makes the start for the Pirates, his 10th of the season. He is 3-4 with a 4.33 ERA and 36 strikeouts in 52 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared in relief on Sunday, when he tossed two scoreless innings against the Seattle Mariners while giving up one hit.
- In 10 games this season, the 23-year-old has an ERA of 4.33, with 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .254 against him.
- Contreras has four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Contreras has pitched five or more innings in a game eight times this year entering this outing.
Roansy Contreras vs. Cardinals
- He will face a Cardinals offense that ranks ninth in the league with 273 total runs scored while batting .252 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .426 slugging percentage (eighth in MLB action) and has hit a total of 76 home runs (sixth in the league).
- In six innings over one appearance against the Cardinals this season, Contreras has a 3 ERA and a 1.5 WHIP while his opponents are batting .300.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jack Flaherty
- Flaherty (3-4) will take the mound for the Cardinals, his 12th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed seven hits in seven innings pitched against the Cleveland Guardians on Saturday.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.81, a 1.71 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.534 in 11 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in 11 starts this season.
- In 11 starts, Flaherty has pitched through or past the fifth inning eight times. He has a season average of 5.3 frames per outing.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 27-year-old's 4.81 ERA ranks 59th, 1.534 WHIP ranks 68th, and 9 K/9 ranks 32nd.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.