Pirates vs. Giants Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 31
Wednesday's contest at Oracle Park has the San Francisco Giants (28-27) taking on the Pittsburgh Pirates (27-27) at 3:45 PM ET (on May 31). Our computer prediction projects a close 5-3 win for the Giants, so expect a competitive matchup.
The probable pitchers are Alex Wood (1-0) for the Giants and Mitch Keller (6-1) for the Pirates.
Pirates vs. Giants Game Info & Odds
- When: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 3:45 PM ET
- Where: Oracle Park in San Francisco, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-BA
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Pirates vs. Giants Score Prediction
Our prediction for this contest is Giants 5, Pirates 4.
Total Prediction for Pirates vs. Giants
- Total Prediction: Over 7.5 runs
Explore More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Giants vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Giants vs Pirates Player Props|
|Giants vs Pirates Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Giants vs Pirates|
|Giants vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Performance Insights
- The Pirates have played as the underdog in nine of their past 10 games and have gone 3-6 in those contests.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, Pittsburgh and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total five times.
- The Pirates have put together a 3-2-0 record against the spread over their previous 10 contests (oddsmakers set runlines in five of those games).
- The Pirates have been victorious in 18, or 43.9%, of the 41 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Pittsburgh has won 16 of 37 games when listed as at least -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have an implied victory probability of 51.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Averaging 4.3 runs per game (232 total), Pittsburgh is the 21st-highest scoring team in the majors.
- The Pirates have the 10th-best ERA (4.01) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 26||@ Mariners||W 11-6||Mitch Keller vs George Kirby|
|May 27||@ Mariners||L 5-0||Vince Velásquez vs Luis Castillo|
|May 28||@ Mariners||L 6-3||Luis Ortiz vs Marco Gonzales|
|May 29||@ Giants||L 14-4||Rich Hill vs Anthony DeSclafani|
|May 30||@ Giants||W 2-1||Johan Oviedo vs John Brebbia|
|May 31||@ Giants||-||Mitch Keller vs Alex Wood|
|June 2||Cardinals||-||Roansy Contreras vs Jack Flaherty|
|June 3||Cardinals||-||Luis Ortiz vs Matthew Liberatore|
|June 4||Cardinals||-||Rich Hill vs Jordan Montgomery|
|June 5||Athletics||-||Johan Oviedo vs JP Sears|
|June 6||Athletics||-||Mitch Keller vs James Kaprielian|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.