Pirates vs. Rangers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 24
Josh Jung rides a three-game homer streak into the Texas Rangers' (30-18) game versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (25-23) at 12:35 PM ET on Wednesday, at PNC Park.
The Rangers will give the ball to Martin Perez (5-1, 4.01 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 6 on the season, and the Pirates will counter with Johan Oviedo (3-3, 4.69 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Pirates vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 12:35 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Perez - TEX (5-1, 4.01 ERA) vs Oviedo - PIT (3-3, 4.69 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rangers vs Pirates Player Props|
|Rangers vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Pirates|
|Rangers vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Johan Oviedo
- Oviedo (3-3) gets the starting nod for the Pirates in his 10th start of the season. He has a 4.69 ERA in 48 2/3 innings pitched, with 43 strikeouts.
- In his last outing on Friday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, the right-hander went six innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- The 25-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.69, with 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opponents are hitting .262 against him.
- Oviedo has registered four quality starts this year.
- Oviedo will look to last five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He's averaging 5.3 innings per outing.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Martín Pérez
- Perez (5-1) will take the mound for the Rangers, his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs in seven innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 4.01, a 2.71 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.520.
- He has earned a quality start three times in nine starts this season.
- Perez has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Among qualified pitchers this campaign, the 32-year-old's 4.01 ERA ranks 42nd, 1.520 WHIP ranks 66th, and 6.9 K/9 ranks 57th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.