Pirates vs. Rangers Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 22
Published: May. 22, 2023 at 12:42 PM EDT|Updated: May. 22, 2023 at 5:41 PM EDT
Monday's game between the Texas Rangers (29-17) and the Pittsburgh Pirates (24-22) at PNC Park is expected to be a close matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 7-5, with the Rangers securing the victory. Game time is at 6:35 PM ET on May 22.
The probable pitchers are Dane Dunning (4-0) for the Rangers and Luis Ortiz (0-2) for the Pirates.
Pirates vs. Rangers Game Info & Odds
- When: Monday, May 22, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Pirates vs. Rangers Score Prediction
Our pick for this game is Rangers 7, Pirates 6.
Total Prediction for Pirates vs. Rangers
- Total Prediction: Over 9 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Discover More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Rangers vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rangers vs Pirates Player Props|
|Rangers vs Pirates Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Pirates|
|Rangers vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Performance Insights
- The Pirates have played as the underdog in seven of their past 10 games and have gone 3-4 in those contests.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, Pittsburgh and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total four times.
- Bookmakers have yet to post a spread in any of the Pirates' past 10 games.
- The Pirates have won in 15, or 45.5%, of the 33 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- Pittsburgh has a win-loss record of 12-12 when favored by +110 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Pirates have an implied victory probability of 47.6% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- The offense for Pittsburgh is the No. 16 offense in the majors, scoring 4.4 runs per game (203 total runs).
- The Pirates have the seventh-best ERA (3.75) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 16||@ Tigers||L 4-0||Luis Ortiz vs Michael Lorenzen|
|May 17||@ Tigers||W 8-0||Rich Hill vs Eduardo Rodríguez|
|May 19||Diamondbacks||W 13-3||Johan Oviedo vs Zac Gallen|
|May 20||Diamondbacks||L 4-3||Mitch Keller vs Brandon Pfaadt|
|May 21||Diamondbacks||L 8-3||Roansy Contreras vs Merrill Kelly|
|May 22||Rangers||-||Luis Ortiz vs Dane Dunning|
|May 23||Rangers||-||Rich Hill vs Nathan Eovaldi|
|May 24||Rangers||-||Johan Oviedo vs Martín Pérez|
|May 26||@ Mariners||-||Mitch Keller vs George Kirby|
|May 27||@ Mariners||-||Roansy Contreras vs Luis Castillo|
|May 28||@ Mariners||-||Luis Ortiz vs Marco Gonzales|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.