Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
The Arizona Diamondbacks (26-20) are looking for Lourdes Gurriel Jr. to prolong a 10-game hitting streak against the Pittsburgh Pirates (24-21) on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET, at PNC Park.
The Diamondbacks will give the nod to Merrill Kelly (4-3, 3.27 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 5 on the season, and the Pirates will counter with Roansy Contreras (3-4, 4.40 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 1:35 PM ET
- TV: SportsNet PT
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Venue: PNC Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Kelly - ARI (4-3, 3.27 ERA) vs Contreras - PIT (3-4, 4.40 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Player Props|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Prediction|
|How to Watch Diamondbacks vs Pirates|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Roansy Contreras
- The Pirates will send Contreras (3-4) out for his ninth start of the season. He is 3-4 with a 4.40 ERA and 32 strikeouts through 45 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Saturday, May 13 against the Baltimore Orioles, when he threw seven innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 23-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.40, with 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season. Opponents are batting .265 against him.
- Contreras has four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Contreras will try to prolong a seven-game streak of going five or more innings (he's averaging 5.6 frames per appearance).
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Merrill Kelly
- The Diamondbacks will hand the ball to Kelly (4-3) for his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in seven innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 34-year-old has an ERA of 3.27, a 2.62 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.089 in nine games this season.
- In nine starts this season, he's earned five quality starts.
- Kelly has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 34-year-old's 3.27 ERA ranks 29th, 1.089 WHIP ranks 24th, and 9.5 K/9 ranks 26th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.