Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - May 21
Sunday's contest that pits the Pittsburgh Pirates (24-21) against the Arizona Diamondbacks (26-20) at PNC Park is expected to be a competitive matchup based on our computer prediction, which projects a final score of 5-4 in favor of the Pirates. First pitch is at 1:35 PM ET on May 21.
The Diamondbacks will give the ball to Merrill Kelly (4-3, 3.27 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 5 on the season, and the Pirates will turn to Roansy Contreras (3-4, 4.40 ERA).
Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Game Info & Odds
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Score Prediction
Our pick for this contest is Pirates 5, Diamondbacks 4.
Total Prediction for Pirates vs. Diamondbacks
- Total Prediction: Over 8.5 runs
New to BetMGM Sportsbook? We've got the best offer for new users! Be sure to use our link to get this great bonus for first-time depositors.
Explore More About This Game
|Pirates Injury Report|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Betting Trends & Stats|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Player Props|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Pitching Matchup|
|How to Watch Diamondbacks vs Pirates|
|Diamondbacks vs Pirates Odds|
Pirates Performance Insights
- The Pirates have played as the underdog in six of their past 10 games and have gone 3-3 in those contests.
- When it comes to the total, Pittsburgh and its foes are 3-6-1 in its last 10 contests.
- Bookmakers have not posted a runline in any of the Pirates' past 10 matchups.
- The Pirates have come away with 15 wins in the 32 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Pittsburgh has come away with a win 13 times in 28 chances when named as an underdog of at least +105 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have an implied victory probability of 48.8% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- The offense for Pittsburgh is the No. 15 offense in MLB, scoring 4.4 runs per game (200 total runs).
- The Pirates have the sixth-best ERA (3.68) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook.
|May 14||@ Orioles||W 4-0||Mitch Keller vs Kyle Gibson|
|May 16||@ Tigers||L 4-0||Luis Ortiz vs Michael Lorenzen|
|May 17||@ Tigers||W 8-0||Rich Hill vs Eduardo Rodríguez|
|May 19||Diamondbacks||W 13-3||Johan Oviedo vs Zac Gallen|
|May 20||Diamondbacks||L 4-3||Mitch Keller vs Brandon Pfaadt|
|May 21||Diamondbacks||-||Roansy Contreras vs Merrill Kelly|
|May 22||Rangers||-||Luis Ortiz vs Dane Dunning|
|May 23||Rangers||-||Rich Hill vs Nathan Eovaldi|
|May 24||Rangers||-||Johan Oviedo vs Martín Pérez|
|May 26||@ Mariners||-||Mitch Keller vs George Kirby|
|May 27||@ Mariners||-||Roansy Contreras vs Luis Castillo|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.