West Virginia vs. Arizona Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 13, 2023 at 3:38 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 15, 2023 at 7:40 PM EDT
Friday's game that pits the Arizona Wildcats (21-9) against the West Virginia Mountaineers (19-11) at Xfinity Center has a projected final score of 70-63 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of Arizona, who is the favorite in this matchup by our model. Game time is at 12:00 PM ET on March 17.
The Mountaineers are coming off of a 62-61 loss to Oklahoma State in their last game on Friday.
West Virginia vs. Arizona Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 12:00 PM ET
- Where: Xfinity Center in College Park, Maryland
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
West Virginia vs. Arizona Score Prediction
- Prediction: Arizona 70, West Virginia 63
West Virginia Schedule Analysis
- Against the No. 17 Iowa State Cyclones on February 11, the Mountaineers picked up their best win of the season, a 73-60 home victory.
- The Mountaineers have tied for the 31st-most Quadrant 1 victories in the country (four), but also have tied for the 35th-most Quadrant 1 losses (nine).
- Against Quadrant 2 opponents, West Virginia is 4-2 (.667%) -- tied for the 43rd-most wins.
- When facing Quadrant 3 opponents (according to the RPI), the Wildcats are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 43rd-most wins.
West Virginia 2022-23 Best Wins
- 73-60 at home over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on February 11
- 74-65 at home over Baylor (No. 36) on January 15
- 63-52 on the road over Baylor (No. 36) on March 4
- 49-45 over Georgia (No. 39) on December 20
- 62-60 at home over Kansas (No. 41) on February 15
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
West Virginia Performance Insights
- The Mountaineers are outscoring opponents by 5.1 points per game, with a +153 scoring differential overall. They put up 66.1 points per game (154th in college basketball) and give up 61 per contest (88th in college basketball).
- West Virginia scores fewer points in conference play (65.7 per game) than overall (66.1).
- The Mountaineers are scoring more points at home (71.4 per game) than away (61.6).
- West Virginia is allowing fewer points at home (57.1 per game) than away (70.5).
- The Mountaineers have fared worse offensively over their past 10 games, averaging 64.6 points per contest, 1.5 fewer points their than season average of 66.1.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.