South Carolina vs. Norfolk State Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 13, 2023 at 7:38 PM EDT|Updated: Mar. 17, 2023 at 11:40 AM EDT
Friday's game features the South Carolina Gamecocks (32-0) and the Norfolk State Spartanettes (26-6) facing off at Colonial Life Arena in what should be a one-sided matchup, with a projected 80-42 win for heavily favored South Carolina according to our computer prediction. Tipoff is at 2:00 PM ET on March 17.
The Gamecocks enter this game after a 74-58 victory against Tennessee on Sunday.
South Carolina vs. Norfolk State Game Info
- When: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 2:00 PM ET
- Where: Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, South Carolina
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
South Carolina vs. Norfolk State Score Prediction
- Prediction: South Carolina 80, Norfolk State 42
South Carolina Schedule Analysis
- When the Gamecocks defeated the Stanford Cardinal (No. 5 in the AP's Top 25) on November 20 by a score of 76-71, it was their signature victory of the season so far.
- The Gamecocks have the most Quadrant 1 wins in the country (15).
- South Carolina has seven wins versus Quadrant 2 teams, tied for the 13th-most in the country.
South Carolina 2022-23 Best Wins
- 76-71 on the road over Stanford (No. 5/AP Poll) on November 20
- 81-77 on the road over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on February 5
- 88-64 at home over LSU (No. 9/AP Poll) on February 12
- 81-56 on the road over Maryland (No. 7/AP Poll) on November 11
- 74-58 over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on March 5
Norfolk State Schedule Analysis
- The Spartanettes' signature win this season came in a 48-43 victory over the Marshall Thundering Herd on November 23.
- Norfolk State has 23 wins against Quadrant 4 opponents, the second-most in the country.
Norfolk State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 48-43 over Marshall (No. 188) on November 23
- 70-52 at home over William & Mary (No. 207) on December 21
- 70-55 over UT Martin (No. 216) on November 22
- 64-37 at home over Howard (No. 235) on January 14
- 56-52 over Howard (No. 235) on March 11
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
South Carolina Performance Insights
- The Gamecocks have a +971 scoring differential, topping opponents by 30.3 points per game. They're putting up 81.4 points per game to rank seventh in college basketball and are allowing 51.1 per contest to rank third in college basketball.
- South Carolina's offense has been worse in SEC games this year, posting 80 points per contest, compared to its overall average of 81.4 PPG.
- The Gamecocks average 86.2 points per game when playing at home, compared to 77.2 points per game away from home, a difference of nine points per contest.
- South Carolina gives up 47.5 points per game at home this season, compared to 54.2 away from home.
- The Gamecocks have seen a decrease in scoring lately, putting up 79.6 points per game in their last 10 outings, 1.8 points fewer than the 81.4 they've scored this year.
Norfolk State Performance Insights
- The Spartanettes are outscoring opponents by 12.3 points per game, with a +393 scoring differential overall. They put up 62.3 points per game (242nd in college basketball) and allow 50 per outing (first in college basketball).
- In 2022-23, Norfolk State has put up 58.6 points per game in MEAC play, and 62.3 overall.
- At home the Spartanettes are putting up 69.3 points per game, 14.3 more than they are averaging on the road (55).
- At home Norfolk State is giving up 45.2 points per game, 10.1 fewer points than it is away (55.3).
- Over their previous 10 games, the Spartanettes are scoring 64.5 points per contest, 2.2 more than their season average (62.3).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.