Frequently asked questions from WVVA viewers - WVVA TV Bluefield Beckley WV News, Weather and Sports

Frequently asked questions from WVVA viewers


Have you ever wondered what "WVVA" actually stands for, or maybe you want to know how to get your story on air? This is a list of the most common questions that come into the WVVA studios. Can't find your question on the list? Don't worry, we have that covered too!

How do I submit a story idea I would like aired or published by WVVA?
If you have a scheduled event that you would like coverage for, please send the event information along with your name, position, organization and telephone number to If you see news as it is happening, report it to our newsroom at 800-227-9882. Also, you can upload your cell phone pictures on the new photo gallery, or send them to

How do I request the Speedcam visit my area?
Drop an email to Vain Colby at Be sure to include the time of day speeding is the worst, the street name, and how you have been affected by the reckless drivers. Not sure what the Speedcam is here to find out.

How do I get a Public Service Announcement, Notes of Interest or Community Event on WVVA?
PSAs can be sent to PSA Service, c/o Dustin Long, P.O. Box 1930, Bluefield, WV 24701. Notes of Interest should be directed to Teraina Blankenship at Finally, you can submit your Community Event to WVVA's Community Calendar by clicking here.

What does "WVVA-TV" stand for?
"West Virginia Virginia Television"

How do I request a copy of a story aired on WVVA or published on
Fill out this form and submit your request. A $25 fee will be applied to each video request.

How do I register for drawings or contests at WVVA?
Click here for a list of contests or give-a-ways from WVVA.

Didn't find the answer to your burning question?
Contact the WVVA team at and let us know what's on your mind. Your question could even be posted on our FAQ page!

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WVVA.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Audrey Sluss at (304) 324-0659. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at