Quincy Newspapers, Inc. (QNI) is a family-owned media company that originated in the newspapers in Quincy, Illinois. The company's history can be traced back to 1835, when the Bounty Land Register was one of only four newspapers in all of Illinois. Over the next century, a number of mergers followed. In 1935, the Quincy Herald-Whig emerged, and it still operates under that name today. The company moved into radio in 1947 and began television broadcasts in 1953.
WVVA also carries an affiliation with the CW Television on its second digital subchannel (6.2). Prior to the launch of the CW network in September 2006, WVVA operated "WBB", the area's cable only affiliate of CW's predecessor, the WB Television Network.