UPDATE: PSHS students temporarily evacuated due to 'very minor' - WVVA TV Bluefield Beckley WV News, Weather and Sports

UPDATE: PSHS students temporarily evacuated due to 'very minor' gas leak

Posted:

PRINCETON (WVVA) - Students at Princeton High School were temporarily evacuated Thursday due to a slight gas leak.

Princeton Fire Chief Chad Bailey tells WVVA News that a crew was called to the school at 11:41 a.m. after reports of an activated carbon monoxide detector inside the school.

Bailey said crews found a slight gas leak in the boiler room. A representative from Mountaineer Gas was called in and -- after arriving on scene -- fixed the leak "in less than two minutes."

Bailey said the leak was "very minor" and not strong enough to exit the room of origin, but that students were evacuated from the school as a precaution until the leak was fixed.

Joe Turner, assistant superintendent of Mercer County Schools told WVVA News that students were in the process of being moved to the nearby Chuck Mathena Center when the leak was fixed.

Students have since returned to the school building.

Powered by Frankly