Suit seeking money for NCAA athletes moves forward
A lawsuit challenging the NCAA over payment of athletes isn't going away soon. The lead attorney for former UCLA basketball player Ed O'Bannon said Wednesday his client will continue to pursue his suit against the NCAA, despite a ruling earlier this month that blocked an effort to expand it to a larger group of former athletes. Michael Hausfeld said O'Bannon's suit -- tentatively set for a trial in June -- would go forward both for damages to O'Bannon and to force colleges to give current players a cut of billions of dollars earned from television contracts and ticket sales from major revenue sports. Hausfeld also held out the possibility of other athletes joining in individual suits of their own in the wake of the ruling that denied class action status.
Can't Find Something?
3052 Big Laurel Hwy, Bluefield, WV 24701
News tips: firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-327-7071