UPDATE: Reasby found guilty of voluntary manslaughter in 2012 Bl - WVVA TV Bluefield Beckley WV News, Weather and Sports

UPDATE: Reasby found guilty of voluntary manslaughter in 2012 Bluefield shooting

David Reasby David Reasby

PRINCETON (WVVA) - A Mercer County man has been found guilty in connection with the 2012 shooting death of a Montcalm man.
 
David Reasby, 35, of Bluefield was convicted of voluntary manslaughter in Mercer County Circuit Court Thursday.
 
Reasby had been charged with first-degree murder in the death of 22-year-old Derek Tabor in August 2012.
 
A jury found Reasby not guilty of conspiracy.
 
In speaking exclusively with WVVA News on Wednesday, Reasby said he was not the one who pulled the trigger.
 
Stephanie Crace was in the courtroom for the verdict Thursday and will have reaction this evening on WVVA News.
 
---
 
PRINCETON, W. Va (WVVA)-- A man accused of murder speaks exclusively with WVVA.

The trial continues for 35-year-old David Reasby of Bluefield, charged in the shooting death of a 22-year-old Derek Tabor of Montcalm. 

Reasby is facing charges of first-degree murder and conspiracy for his alleged role in the incident.

Tabor was shot outside a home on Fourth Street in Bluefield last August.

But Reasby tells WVVA he was not the one who pulled the trigger, and he should go free.

"I was present at the time, however I did not pull the trigger," he said. "I feel that I could not control the actions of someone else."

WVVA's Kristen Conner asked him if he was guilty. His response: "No, I'm not guilty."

Prosecutors say he may not have pulled the trigger, but as a participant in the act Reasby is still guilty of murder.

The jury spent Wednesday evening deliberating, then decided to pick things back up Thursday morning at 9 AM.


Powered by Frankly