Resources for Mountain State University students - WVVA TV Bluefield Beckley WV News, Weather and Sports

Resources for Mountain State University students


BECKLEY (WVVA) - The following resources are available for Mountain State University students concerned about the school's accreditation issues:

The West Virginia Commission will be hosting college fairs in the Beckley and Martinsburg areas Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday.

The Beckley event will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday and Friday at the Emma Byrd Higher Education Center, at 300 University Drive in Beaver. The Martinsburg event will be held Monday, July 16 and Tuesday, July 17 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Blue Ridge Community and Technical College at 400 West Stephen Street in Martinsburg.

Additional detailed information will be posted at and advertised in local newspapers when details become available. 

Students who receive state-level financial aid, such as the PROMISE Scholarship and/or the West Virginia Higher Education Grant, or students who are veterans and receive GI Bill Benefits are encouraged to contact the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission's Division of Financial Aid by phone at 1-877-987-7664 or online at for information and assistance.

Students with additional questions can contact Dr. Kassie Butler from the Higher Education Policy Commission by phone at 304-558-0261 or email at


Information from a press release by Sen. Joe Manchin's office


Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WVVA.
All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Audrey Sluss at (304) 324-0659. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at